Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Useful Tool for Uncovering Reason Behind Repeat Miscarriages and Infertility

I was searching you tube for videos about repeat pregnancy loss and came across a woman who's username is WaitingforBabyTeeter. She talks about using a DNA test from the company 23andme as a way to uncover possible reasons for repeat losses. The is the first video and this is when she talks about her results.  It had never occurred to me to use the 23andme test in that way.

I had a 23andMe DNA test done to see if there is something that was missed that could be causing my repeat miscarriages. I had blood work and an HSG but we did not undergo DNA testing yet. I also could not get my previous doctor to test MTHFR. I debated on getting the MTHFR test from directlabs.com, which I have used in the past. That test is $219 and the 23andme test was about $110. I went with the 23andme since it would be able to reveal not only issues with MTHFR genes but other genes as well, and I am so glad I did.

 I ordered the test on February 18th and I got the results one month after I ordered it. I was somewhat nervous because I had read people complaining that it took a very long time to get their results. I also wasn't sure what the results would be like because of all the controversy and the FDA s ruling. 



I am still processing the results and hope to have time to do another post about what I found out soon. I will say that I highly recommend it for anyone who has unexplained repeat miscarriages or unexplained infertility. I wish I would have known about this years ago and gotten it done then.

No comments:

Post a Comment